Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving - The Aftermath...This Time It's Personal

Thanksgiving is over and I feel like I ate enough food to feed a small African country. I fear Sally Struthers is going to show up in my apartment with a tiny malnourished child and start telling people I'm the reason little Shakabibu is starving.
So as of tomorrow I'm back to my normal routine: eating healthy, working all the time (at least that's how it feels), yada, yada. I really need to get serious about being healthy. I mean, I'm not getting any younger.
At least I enjoyed myself this holiday. It was wonderful seeing my sister and her family. My nephews are so wonderful. They're just so funny and personable. Since I have no children, it's comforting knowing I have them in my life. And spending time with my sister was amazing. Although we hadn't seen each other in about a year, we always have so much fun together.
The Thanksgiving holiday for the most part was a success. I was able to appreciate and enjoy my family. So often I forget how important my family is. I'm alone so frequently I've learned to embrace loneliness. Evenings for my involve my dog and my thoughts. And I've become comfortable with my solitude. It's almost blissful for me. This is obviously not a good thing if I ever want to have a serious relationship. So I need to phase out of this, and being around my family this past week helped.
And this means in addition to me getting back to my normal routine, I'll be working on my personal growth and pulling myself out of my comfort zone. We'll see how that goes. And hopefully little Shakabibu won't have to worry about me eating all of his food again.

No comments:

Post a Comment