Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Anatomy of a Kiss

There are so few things in the world as simple as a kiss. Two separate entities touching lightly, holding briefly and beautifully in an instant. Then separation. And it's over. So simple and pure. So many things can go right in that instant. In a simple second a life can change with a kiss. All things can shift and life as you know it can transform. Just with one kiss.

The past few weeks of my life have been strange to say the least. I've been putting myself out there, and while it is interesting seeing the responses of men, it is difficult. I've met one or two lovely men since the inception of my project on OK Cupid, and then I met Rob. He was snarky and condescending. And was perfect for me. He and I have hit it off, but it's quite a rocky road. He's just out of a marriage and has two small children; I'm four years sober of marriage and very comfortable with single life. Haven't had a boyfriend in years and not sure I want one. And here this geeky, awkward dad of two that's unfamiliar with how to live in a this dating realm enters my life. It spun me uncontrollably.

And there comes the kiss. Just one kiss. So what's the fascination with the kiss? Everything. So simple yet so personal. Everything you ever wanted in a touch from a man, yet more. So who wants these kisses, and who needs them?

A man that can kiss is a prize. It's amazing how many men out there think that a kiss is trying to swallow your face. You feel like you need a bath afterward. But a sweet kiss from a man that likes you should be gentle, simple and warm. Evoking all emotions that aren't shown are expressed. That's a real kiss.

So, ultimately, when will I receive that one kiss. That kiss that starts with a simple touch and moves through my soul? When will I feel that warmth and feeling? When will a man hold me and kiss me with the love that is felt through any bond?
We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment