Friday, December 16, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes

A year ago I had no idea where I was going. I was in Pennsylvania with no job, my life was in boxes, and I saw nothing ahead of me. A lot has happened in a year. I've moved back south, have a lovely job, new friends and fresh start in a wonderful city. I've clawed my way out of my shell finally and learned to embrace my life as it is.

Time has gone quickly. I moved down to Charlotte in February of this year, nervous but hopeful. I was standing at the head of a new, refreshingly unexplored path. I remember sitting with my parents this time last year and feeling I was perched at a crossroad. I knew it was time for me to make a decision on where my life was headed. Was I going to continue to sit back and watch my life pass by? Or was I going to suck it up and put myself out there again.

Well I did it. I may not always be happy with myself, and it's a struggle every day to put myself out there and meet people. But I do it. I feel I have grown exponentially this year. And it can only go up from here. I'm anticipating the coming year and hope I progress even more. This was a tough year, but worth every tear and bruise and worry. Bring it on 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment