Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out with the Old and In with the New

It's 11:02pm on New Year's Eve and I'm sitting cozy in my apartment with Sophie at my side. Yes, it's not the most glamorous way to celebrate the new year - no fancy dress, champagne, fireworks or kiss at midnight. But I've decided this is the perfect foray into the new year. I'm quietly stepping into 2012 with the grace of a lamb, only to steadily grow and transform throughout the coming year into something more.

I'm finally in a place that I truly feel is a home to me. And I can't wait to celebrate my first full year in Charlotte. I'm embracing my new life in the south and it's as sweet and quenching as the tea in my glass. Now that I'm settled in a place I love, I can finally work on the little things. Making friends, getting healthy, quieting the questions and contradictions - I'll be consistently bettering myself. And why? Because I can.

I look forward to taking on the new challenges that await me. I look forward to growing more familiar with a city I now gladly call home. It's time to say good-bye to 2011 and the transitions and questions. 2012 is going to be an exciting new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment