Saturday, July 16, 2011

Time to get back to what's important....

It's been months since my last blog and it's time to get back to it. A lot has happened in the past five months. I've packed up, moved from north to south, settled in and become accustomed to life in Charlotte. I love my life here. Work is challenging and I tend to be tired a lot. But I've finally found the city I am meant to live in. I love it here: the culture, the convenience, the southern hospitality. It's perfect for me.
It's refreshing knowing I'm happy here. It's been a long time since I've felt like I've been home. The air here smells like the south, and every time I walk outside I can smell the pine needles, the air and the soft scent of childhood. It's like living in my hometown but not having to go back. It's a lovely contradiction.
There are so many things I love about the south that I missed. Funny thing is I never realized how much I missed it until I got back down here. It's amazing how when it rains the drops are large swollen drops that soak the very thing it lands on. People are friendly - no matter where you go someone is happy to hold a door, say hello, excuse me or thank you. The food is spectacular - slow-cooked, well-thought out and delicious.
Life is good. But something is still missing. What? I don't know. It may take me time to figure it out, but I'm willing to take time to learn more. I can't wait to see what I find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment