Friday, February 10, 2012

What will they say when I'm gone?

I had a family member pass away this week, and made an impromptu trip to my hometown for his funeral. It was sad, yes, but he had been ill for a long time. But as I was siting in the chapel of the funeral home listening to the lovely words about this well-loved man, I thought, "What would they say at my funeral?"

It hit me hard. I hadn't thought about it before. Would a lot of people attend my funeral? Would they remember the person that I am, or the things I had done?

I just don't know. I haven't accomplished much in my 36 years according to the standards of society. I have no children, no husband, no property. If I sit and think about it I get depressed. But I know there's more to it. I know someone would have something to say.


I just don't know what.

No comments:

Post a Comment