Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Rain Keeps Falling Down

The past day or so it's been raining. Not just a little bit, but the rain has been ever-present and harsh.

It's typical to hate the rain, but I love it. It's a powerful change after so many hot dry summer days. It's cleansing and refreshing, and gives me a renewed perspective. A feeling that sometimes life is rough - an arid desert of normality and nothingness. But when the rain begins to fall more than the sky opens up. It's almost as if every pore in my body expands. A rush of warmth overtakes me and I can feel the lovely pulse of earth on my skin.

It's wonderful to know life is cleansed by a crisp rain. When you think all is lost, and hope has gone, something amazing happens. The sky darkens, the clouds draw near, and beautiful, sparkling drops of water fall to the ground. It's nature's way of saying, "It's okay. It's time to start over. Time to accept that even the earth needs to reboot."

No comments:

Post a Comment