Thursday, January 20, 2011

Water, Water Everywhere...And Now I Have to Pee.

I have this recurring dream: I'm traveling on a highway over water. Miles and miles of water surround me and the road is getting steeper with every forward motion. I'm neither driving or riding, and I'm traveling at such a high speed all I can see is the blue of the water and the blur of the pavement.

Suddenly I'm flying through the air, unable to stop. I plunge deep into the water and continue to travel as if I'm flying through the cold, dark abyss. I'm horrified and can't breathe, but I keep my eyes wide open so not to miss any second of it.

Then I wake up. So yeah, I'm not a therapist or anything but I'm thinking that's a pretty symbolic dream. About what, I have no idea. I can gather it's about change, or fear, or passion - or something like that. I can see how it could be a fitting symbol of the past 10 years of my life. I totally get that. I now understand why I have to pee every time I have this dream.

I'm alone in the dream - the last single girl - but I know that's not the case. I know there are many of you out there, looking for an explanation of your singledom. Regardless of being the "last" or one of many, sometimes you just feel alone and treading through cold water.

This is the beginning of a blog that is mostly for my benefit - to purge some of those "lonely single girl" emotions through writing. But for anyone that finds it of use, or entertainment, I welcome you. It's going to be a bumpy ride. I'll pull over if you need to pee.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE! I'll let you know when to pull over <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the water represents your friends and family. they are beside you on that road of life, which in recent time has seemed like an uphill battle, but if you take some risks, make a change from the road you were on, you are surrounded, and in your dream engulfed by those friends and family. they are all around you, holding you up, helping you move in any direction you choose to swim. now that you know the water represents these people, try not to pee until you are back on dry land. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, thanks for reading my blog and for the great explanation of my dream. I agree, my friends and family have surrounded me with enough love and support to help me cross any ocean! I'm not making any promises about peeing, though. :)

    ReplyDelete